Dalby & Northern Downs Jockey Club
Dalby is one of the oldest racing venues in Queensland conducting its first race meeting over two days on July 27 and 28, 1859.
In 2009 the Dalby Plough Inn Cup celebrated its 150th anniversary from its first run in 1859.
Aerial view of Dalby racetrack The Dalby club in 2009
Administration building in 1979 (left) and in the mid 70's (right)
|Street Address:||42 Owen Street
|Postal Address:||19 Mahon St
|Telephone:||0428 622 340|
|FAX:||(07) 4662 2648|
|Facilities Track:||TAB, Bookies, Public Bars including upstairs viewing bar, catering, short term on course stabling for visitors.|
|Facilities Town:||Thomas Jack Park - in centre of town with top quality motels overlooking Pioneer Village (Machinery etc) Modern 2 storey administration and cultural centre.|
|How to get to race track:||Alongside Warrego Highway - Eastern side of town.|
|How to get to town:||Warrego Highway from Brisbane.|
|History:||The original Dalby race track was used for the first time in 1859 and was a black soil track.
The club has had a couple of different titles, such as the “Dalby Benefit Race Club”, which it had to be in wartime periods.
The club is steeped in tradition having the “Plough Inn” Maiden Handicap in 1862 under weight for age scales.
In the 1900’s a new 2 storey club house and administration block was built and the track made a turf surface.
|Racing Information:||4DDD (Dalby Community Radio)
Dalby Herald Newspaper, Northern Downs News